Metwest Engineering Rail Products and Engineering services include:
Product / Capabilities
Metwest Engineering offers a range of products and services within the rail corridor. Metwest Engineering has three main manufacturing operations housed in over 15000 square metres of industrial land in Sydney. A steel fabrication facility enables the company to produce OHW structures, signalling components, OHW small part steelwork and various other rail components. The Precast Concrete Plant produces many rail specific components including signal/communications pits, cable pits, GLT, jersey barriers and hundreds of other associated precast railway components. The Hot Dip Galvanising Plant offers both centrifuge galvanising of smaller steel components and dip galvanising of longer steel parts. All galvanising is certified to AS4680.
- OHW/structural steel fabrication and OHW small part steelwork (SPS)
- Precast concrete pits including signalling cable pits, jersey barriers and signal bases
- Site installation including combined service routes (CSR)
- Sole distributor of Bulldog Mobicrete mobile concrete batching plants
- Jersey barriers specially designed for rail use to eliminate logistic and lifting costs
- Trackside signalling equipment including bonding components and circuit boxes/posts
- Signal components including posts, precast bases, ladders, platforms and brackets
- Combined services route components including galvanised steel troughing (GST)
- Combined services route components including galvanised steel trunking (GST)
- Level crossing components including pedestrian crossings
- Design, construct and install of OHW footings and structures to ASA standards
- Rail/RMS prequalified and compliant
- Inhouse design with own professional indemnity insurance ($10Mil)
- Onshore manufacturer that uses locally sourced materials
- TFNSW Sydney Trains store supplier
- TFNSW Sydney Trains Steelwork Construction Panel member
- Approved galvanising process specifically for OHW small part steelwork
Metwest Engineering can work through concept, design, fabricate, install, maintain and disposal asset lifecycle stages.Metwest Engineering supply and install galvanized steel troughing, road and rail signalling gantries, overhead wiring portals, masts, posts, pre-cast concrete bases, elevated platforms, walkways, structural steel, pipeline support brackets and bollards.
We can also help with prototype development.