Metwest Engineering has been producing many products for use in rail systems nationally and by infrastructure companies for almost 30 years.
Metwest Engineering has Transport for NSW Authorised Engineering Organisation status for many engineering disciplines.
Metwest Engineering can manage your project and take your assets through the concept, design, fabricate, manufacture, install, maintainence and disposal lifecycle. Metwest has successfully delivered numerous complex rail, road and power infrastructure projects on behalf of asset owners and infrastructure partners.
Metwest offers a range of products and services within the rail corridor. The company has three main manufacturing operations housed in over 15000 square metres. A steel fabrication facility enables the company to produce OHW structures, signalling components, OHW small part steelwork and various other rail components. The Precast Concrete Plant produces many rail specific components including signal/communications pits, cable pits, GLT, jersey barriers and hundreds of other associated precast railway components. The Hot Dip Galvanising Plant offers both centrifuge galvanising of smaller steel components and dip galvanising of longer steel parts. All galvanising is certified to AS4680.
- OHW/structural steel fabrication and OHW small part steelwork (SPS)
- Precast concrete including signalling/cable pits, jersey barriers and signal bases
- Site installation including combined service routes (CSR)
- Sole distributor of Bulldog Mobicrete mobile concrete batching plants
- Jersey barriers specially designed for rail use to eliminate logistic and lifting costs
- Trackside signalling equipment including bonding components and circuit boxes/posts
- Signal components including posts, precast bases, ladders, platforms and brackets
- Combined services route components including galvanised steel trough (GST)
- Level crossing components including pedestrian crossings
- Design, construct and install of OHW footings and structures to ASA standards
- Rail/RMS prequalified and compliant
- Inhouse design with own professional indemnity insurance ($10Mil)
- Onshore manufacturer that uses locally sourced materials
- TFNSW Sydney Trains store supplier
- TFNSW Sydney Trains Steelwork Construction Panel member
- Approved galvanising process specifically for OHW small part steelwork